Welcome Back Vie Readers! This month’s blog is all about the attitude, which I know we can ALL relate to. I certainly can, and could go on for hours around this topic!
So, for those of you who are keeping up with the times, I am certain you’re seeing a lot of news on how positive attitudes affect our daily lives, and our health. So first, I’m gonna drop a bit of information on you about your genetics! Your genes (DNA), are a large portion of who you are. A lot of us feel like we must work very hard to overcome the obstacles our parents faced and maybe some of us feel like we want to change the way we react to life. We don’t necessarily want to do it the same way they did. So, when we stress for long periods of time and as we grow older, we can look in the mirror and see the wrinkles and dark lines that we tried so hard to prevent! Or, we may fear that this will be our future reality. But, it doesn’t have to be! “Recently, Olay studied 2,500 women and found 10 percent of them to be exceptional agers — meaning they looked 10 or more years younger than they actually were. When researchers zeroed in on the skin-specific genes of those 10-percenters, some of those genes had higher activity levels than the other 90 percent of women” (Cosmopolitan). So, the question is, what did these women do to become such excellent agers?
It comes down to one basic thing, lifestyle choices. Studies show that 80% of skin aging factors are in our control. An optimistic outlook is your skin’s new best friend! There is a scientific link between a great attitude about life and better skin. So, let’s get real for a second. Of course we all want to look amazing, especially as we age, which in turn helps us to feel amazing. But a positive attitude doesn’t have to end there. Having a positive attitude, and maybe even a miraculous morning routine can help us to decrease the stress in our lives and genuinely grow toward more happiness and health. We have the power to alter some of those genetic faults and change the way we view life and ourselves.
For a long time I have been working on what I refer to as, “my inner world.” My inner world is where I make all of the progress to be a healthier and happier me. It’s where I heal old negative patterns, thoughts processes, and belief systems. It’s where change happens. I’ve recently realized that the more I focus on the problem, the less active and positive I am. I become paralyzed by the pessimism of my mind and then the cynical thoughts take over. However, whenever I go to bed at night with the intention of making tomorrow (morning especially) a great day, I then become like superwoman! I end up doing double what my to do list says, and I feel phenomenal about myself! I even feel more beautiful when I look in the mirror. This is a day-by-day practice that we must cultivate in order to change our lives.
So, I want to give you some tips and tricks on how to jumpstart you day with optimism and a positive attitude:
1. Have a morning routine. Mine looks like this:
- Wake up early and meditate/stretch my body.
- Drink a lot of water and do a workout.
- Eat a healthy and delicious breakfast, brew my coffee, and begin envisioning myself completing my to do list with greatness! (A morning routine can look like anything. If you feel like you don’t have enough time to do all of that, at least do this: Do NOT check your phone or email first thing, drink a full glass of water before anything, wash your face in the sink and tell yourself 3 positive things about yourself, 3 things you’re grateful for, and 3 things you’re going to do well that day.)
2. Master the scroll.
- Social media can lead us to feeling anxious or as if we need to compare our lives to others. Choose your feed wisely and follow the things that truly inspire you and bring you joy!
3. Make time for positive affirmations.
- Saying a few positive things to yourself daily can allow you to begin changing those daunting thought patterns I was talking about earlier. It may seem silly at first, but stick it out. I promise it will make a difference.
4. Journal and Talk it out!
- Write about your feelings. If need be, make a list of problems and then a list of their solutions. Then, focus solely on the solution and how you can A. overcome this problem, and B. see it as an opportunity.
5. Stay Active!
- Find some time in the day to move your body. I promise it will make you feel so much better by the end of the day. You will feel as if you accomplished something great and you’re more likely to get better sleep, which leads to better skin!
And remember this quote, “life is happening for you, not to you.” If you keep an attitude of gratitude and optimism, I promise you, your life, your joy, and you health will improve. We ARE in control of change.
So thank you for reading my big bold rant about big bright attitudes and remember to take care of yourselves and your loved ones! Give yourself the gift of giving as well. This can boost our sense of fulfillment and that feeling of worthiness. Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we like to spoil those that have nurtured us in our lives! When we pamper others, it brightens their day and lifts their spirits, as pampering ourselves would do the same for us!
Check out all of our skin care products that you or a loved one would totally enjoy and get the most out of! Helping you to live a bright and beautiful life is what we hope to give to you.